Saturday, January 1, 2011

Onion Soup Mix

In our house, we like onion soup mix. We use ALOT of onion soup mix. . . chips and dip, pot roast, oven roasted potatoes, the list goes on and on. I was talking to my sister-in-law today and remembered my beloved homemade recipe that is so cheap to make.

Onion Soup Mix

3/4 cup instant minced onion
4 tsp. onion powder
1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
1/4 tsp. celery seed, crushed
1/4 tsp. sugar

Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

To Use: Add 2 tablespoons mix to 1 cup boiling water. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Approximately 2 tbs equals 1 store bought packet.

In comparison, this is SO cheap. The cheapest I find the store bought packets is 2 pouches in a box for $1.00. I can make ALOT of mix for around $3-4 depending on sale prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment