Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Time Fun!

Okay, so one day, some day, I'll actually start blogging regularly.  So if anyone anywhere actually reads what I have to say, they can do so more frequently.  :)

My last post gave you my basic thoughts for summer time.

Planning has NOT went so hot so far. 

Weather ..... hot.

Planning..... not so much.

Anyway, we have managed to run errands and stick close to home.   For most of the first week of summer I have felt horrible.  Achy and a sore throat. 

We have went to the library where the kiddos received a card for a free burger or chicken nuggets at McDonalds and my kids have enjoyed Vacation Bible School at a local church. 

Yesterday we did get to take in a summer show at the local movie theater.  $1 gets you in the door for a "kiddie" film that is already on DVD and $1.50 for a kid coke and $1.50 for a kid popcorn.

So, $4.00 per person and we can have a fun time for a couple of hours.

It turned out pretty fun.  And the kids did not argue once.  Not one single time I tell you.  Other than a couple of trips to the bathroom it was a calm experience.

Today we went to McDonald's for lunch (free chicken nuggets and burgers for the kids) and playtime. 

So far, we have had a great, frugal week.

Have you done anything super great for summer that was frugal fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment