Monday, September 5, 2011

Homeschool Week in Review ~ August 29 - September 2, 2011

This has been a GREAT week in My Father's World! 

We are absolutely loving our curriculum choices.  My Father's World is the best in my opinion.

This week the girls studied Biblical history up through the flood.   We are still so early in history that we aren't really studying anything in other ancient civilizations.  We have only been working on biblical history up through now. 

In MFW science we talked a little more about how light works.  So far, the girls nor I have really gotten excited about the science portion of the MFWCTG.  So we'll see how that goes later on.  I don't give up easily.  I'm looking for things to add to make it even more interesting.

We worked on our Apologia Anatomy journals and started a human body lapbook.  The girls love lapbooking and notebooking.   I really need to incorporate more into our studies.



We got to check out a project we began last week that help the girls understand mummies a little better.

Also, I allowed the youngest to practice writing her spelling words in shaving cream.  That was a total hit!  She asked could she do it every week.  I took her to town for more shaving cream.  What does that tell you?  Mom said of course.  If practicing your spelling words is so much fun, how could mom say no?

I have to say that our music appreciation was not a favorite of the girls.   MFW has the girls studing Vivaldi first and they totally DID NOT like listening to the music.  I am going to keep them listening.  I am also looking for stuff to make those studies more fun.  I enjoy classical music so I am hoping that the girls develop a taste for it as well.




Nothing else was too exciting.  We just had the normal subjects to get completed.

How was your week?

Homeschooling at the speed of life,

Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment