Thursday, September 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall!

Last Thursday afternoon, I decided to throw out the afternoon schedule and get crafty. I have been dying to make a fall wreath for my front door. (Well not literally "dying", but you know what I mean.) Well, I have seen so much great fall decor on Etsy and Pinterest that I just had to make something.


A couple of years ago I bought a grapevine wreath at a yard sale for $1.00. So I pulled that thing out and dusted if off, got out the tote of flowers, my drawer of ribbon, and my handy dandy hot glue gun and got crafty.

We don't celebrate Halloween at our house, so other than plain pumpkins alot of fall stuff was out. But I wanted something fun. I knew I wanted something with polka dots. (I LUV POLKA DOTS!!!! ) So I decided to use a bright green ribbon. I had a wooden "Q" for Quick (our last name), so I painted it orange with white polka dots. I also used a black ribbon with white polka dots. And for a little bit of contrast, I opted for a yellow check ribbon as well. I used a variety of fall flowers and leaves. Added some gold accents into the flowers .

And voila . . . .

My new fall wreath that I just LUV!!



I'm thinking I want to add a little more lime green on the right side. What do you think?

Crafting at the speed of life,

Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment