Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gratituesday ~ We will serve the Lord!



... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! Joshua 24:15b


Lately, I have given a lot of thought as to what a blessing my family is. I really do love them so very much.   My greatest wish is for my family for them to grow a little closer to God every day and grow more Christ like daily.

That is the reason I stayed home to homeschool my children.

I realized that if I sent them to school to learn then what could I expect from them.  No teacher at school loves them as much as I do.  No friend they can make at school will be their for them like their sister does.  What about the negative influences?

I want the very best for the both of them.  Knowing and doing the will of God is the best that I can offer to them.  Public school is not going to offer that.

Of course, reading, math, science, history, etc. are important.  However, if they don't know God, nothing else matters.

So, I am totally grateful that my house serves the Lord.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!



Serving Him at the Speed of Life,

Kristie


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! I agree- nothing else is as important as knowing God. :) I found you on a Blog Hop and I am your newest follower! I would love to have you stop by and follow back if you want to!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com
    PS We also have a link party every Saturday- I would love to have you link up if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great post! That is so neat you home school your kids!

    I am your newest follower from the hop and I would love it if you would follow me back! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete