Sunday, August 14, 2011

Popcorn Fun!

I had to share a fun experience with my two little beauties tonight.

Daddy is gone out of town to a conference.  Princess and Flossy talked me into popcorn and a movie. 



I had saw a few weeks ago somewhere how to make "homemade" microwave popcorn.  The instructions sounded easy enough.  Put 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a paperbag.  Add 2 tsp oil to the kernels.  Roll down the top tightly and shake the kernels to cover the kernels in oil.  Microwave according to your microwave.

So, I followed the instructions exactly.  I also know that for our microwave we put the bag of popcorn in, turn it on 5 minutes and listen for the "pops" to slow down.

Well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

it looked like something off of a movie.  All of a sudden I noticed popcorn flying everywhere inside my microwave.  Needless to say I have to work on the "technique" for this method of popcorn.  At the very least, I need to find the original "recipe" and read again.  Apparently there is something that I did incorrectly.  Stay tuned for correct instructions or either modifications that I make to perfect this.

It really should be a frugal alternative to pre-packaged microwave popcorn.

~Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment