I had to share a fun experience with my two little beauties tonight.
Daddy is gone out of town to a conference. Princess and Flossy talked me into popcorn and a movie.
I had saw a few weeks ago somewhere how to make "homemade" microwave popcorn. The instructions sounded easy enough. Put 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in a paperbag. Add 2 tsp oil to the kernels. Roll down the top tightly and shake the kernels to cover the kernels in oil. Microwave according to your microwave.
So, I followed the instructions exactly. I also know that for our microwave we put the bag of popcorn in, turn it on 5 minutes and listen for the "pops" to slow down.
Well . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
it looked like something off of a movie. All of a sudden I noticed popcorn flying everywhere inside my microwave. Needless to say I have to work on the "technique" for this method of popcorn. At the very least, I need to find the original "recipe" and read again. Apparently there is something that I did incorrectly. Stay tuned for correct instructions or either modifications that I make to perfect this.
It really should be a frugal alternative to pre-packaged microwave popcorn.
- Gratituesday ~ We will serve the Lord!
- Menu Planning Monday ~ August 29, 2011
- The Homeschool Mother's Journal Week #2
- Homeschool Week in Review ~ Aug 22-26, 2011
- Our Homeschool Day
- Menu Planning Monday ~ August 22, 2011
- Our 2011-2012 Workboxes
- Homemade Hand Soap
- Gratituesday: Being at Home!
- Menu Planning Monday!
- Popcorn Fun!
- List of Freebies
- The Homeschool Mother's Journal Week #1
- School Supply Cabinet Makeover
- Our Not-So-Much Classroom
- I am so lazy!
- Curriculum List 2011 - 2012
- Changes Around Here!
- ▼ August (19)